The new Summer Newsletter is available to download.
Our collectors will be starting this month on collections for our €20 annual subscription fee. Additional volunteers would be gratefully welcomed!
May Committee meeting update:
1) We are still awaiting delivery of Bird and Wildlife Boxes, whilst we have missed this breeding season we intend to mount them in Granitefield green area and other suitable tree locations.
2) We will be surveying residents of Granitefield (coming off Johnstown road) after the Surgery, in the coming weeks. This is in relation to seeking better traffic management given the distress that seems to be ongoing for residents on that stretch, from visiting cars.
3) Post last years survey of Woodlands Road, we are submitting via our Councillors to secure funding for traffic calming measures, likely ramps to tackle increased speeding and “rat runners” seeking short cuts from Johnstown Road onto Rochestown Avenue at peak hours. We also await to hear on where the plans are at for resurfacing of Johnstown Road.
4) We are staying ever vigilant re Crime and working on measures in the background which we will make you aware of as they come to fruition. There is still ongoing challenges and ongoing “Cruisers”, please do not hesitate to contact the local Gardaí if you notice ANY loitering or suspicious individual/vehicles.
5) Our tidy towns competition is being submitted this week and our estate will be inspected in July. We will prompt you all beforehand!
6) The Annual Subscription collections are going well, if you are able to drop back envelopes to your volunteer collectors if they miss you , that would be a great help. We have yet to collect on a couple of the roads due to the lack of volunteers so we will be distributing those envelopes on Johnstown Avenue and others over the next week.